Health Information Technology (IT) as a career is expected to increase dramatically as the sharing of health information expands nationally.
The Interoperability Institute's (IOIs) Workforce Development goal is to provide early career opportunities to address the talent gap in information technology and healthcare and ensure the supply of talent meets the current and emerging needs of the healthcare industry.
We understand that there are gaps in the Talent Pipeline as a result of students being unaware of emerging health IT opportunities or lack of familiarity with Michigan-based employers.
The Workforce Development program helps establish student and mentor experiences to build the next generation of health IT professionals by providing on-the-job-training and curricula for student interns to learn and grow in healthcare IT.
Join us in creating innovative solutions and be part of the evolution of healthcare exchange through on-the-job-training with industry professionals as your mentors. As a student intern you can:
- Build career awareness at critical stages along the talent pipeline
- Establish career pathways through college and university partnerships
- Provide programs to train individuals at any stage in their health IT career
To become a student intern, please apply here.
Note: IOI partners with MiHIN to develop a health IT workforce program.
Become an Academic Partner with Interoperability Institute to help curate opportunities for the next generation of the health information technology workforce and be an integral piece of innovation in the healthcare industry. Learn more…
Our Workforce Development program partners with…
- AmeriCorps, a national service program which is a network of local, state, and national service programs connecting members in intensive service to meet community needs.
- The AmeriCorps program in Michigan is led by the Michigan Community Service Commission (MCSC), who have enabled a planning grant for the Interoperability Institute to define an approach for a health IT AmeriCorps program.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com