An InterOpathon is a collaborative, hands-on event that usually includes teams of developers, vendors, and subject matter experts working together to create and test solutions in a safe environment.
InterOpathons are not limited to developers. In fact, any individual who can contribute to building a solution can participate. InterOpathons encourage trial and error, innovation, and enhancement of existing capabilities.
During an InterOpathon, participants can:
- Test product integration and flush out bugs and other implementation conflicts;
- Reduce cost and time of implementation by testing interoperable solutions in a safe environment and learning what works;
- Work with developers to design, develop and test collaboratively within environments that have simulated application programming interfaces (APIs) and API sandboxes;
- Expand their knowledge of data standards and confirm that products and tools are aligning with standards;
- Connect to commonly used healthcare platform APIs like Blue Button 2.0, Epic, Cerner and others to test environments;
- Connect proprietary sandboxes and APIs to test environments, and
- Engage in a community that supports trial and error, shared experiences, and interoperability.
We Provide the Following for InterOpathons
Event Prep & Materials
We’ll work with you to develop event scope and then prepare the necessary materials for the event, including the technical planning.
We’ll work with you to identify the target audience, define participant roles, and design activities for successful outcomes.
We’ll provide the FHIR® Server with the test data and sample codes for testing and development of the applications.
We’ll provide the necessary training and supporting demonstrations for InterOpathon participants including the necessary resources for technical and business activities.
We’ll conduct the post event review and feedback, collect marketing and media material, and consolidate all the materials.
What is an InterOpathon?
Benefits of the InterOpathon
Ensure compliance with new rules from the Office of the National Coordinator and Center for Medicare & Medicaid Studies (CMS)
IOL provides the platform to quick-start your development and integration efforts to advance more robust solutions
Connect with other healthcare APIs to implement use cases including Da Vinci, CARIN, and Gravity, using synthetic data
Ready to find out more?
We offer options from a do-it-yourself SaaS (software as a service) platform to a complete turnkey event that includes planning, facilitation, marketing and event outcome summary.CONTACT US